Matthew’s WoGE #364 took us far out to South Georgia and on the Neumayer glacier – a phantastic example of rapid glacier retreat due to changing sea water temperatures. As you might immediately see from my image, I want to take you to a more comfortable area, but with some nice geology, too. Here’s the quiz:
- Find the location of the image below.
- Provide the coordinates in the comments and describe the geological significance of the spot briefly.
- The first one to fulfill theses tasks is the winner.
- Everlasting Fame.
- The honour of hosting the next WoGE on your blog.
- You will likely spend some time looking for the right spot. Well, some say this time could have been better used for writing a thesis, a paper, a proposal or a nice letter to your grandma.
It looks like it was too hard, so here’s a hint: